Financial Aid Available for Those Who Qualify



Enrollment into any of the courses offered at the Cadillac Institute of Cosmetology is easy. Here are a few simple steps to follow.
1) Call and schedule a tour of our college by calling 231-775-3642. Our Instructors and students would love to show you around!
2) If you like what you see and you’re serious about completing an education in the Cosmetology industry, now would be the time to apply for Federal Student Financial Aid. It can easily submitted online at
a) This application is ALWAYS FREE !! If you’re asked to pay, you’re on the wrong site!
b) The Federal School Code is 031097.
c) Applying for Federal Student Financial Aid is optional. The Cadillac
Institute of Cosmetology does not participate in the Federal Student Loan programs so the
only Federal funding a student could qualify for is the Federal Pell Grant which is gift aid
and does not need to be paid back under most circumstances.
3) Make a Registration appointment by calling 231-775-3642.

This college practices no discrimination on the basis of race, sex, age, religion, creed, color, financial status, or ethnic origin in its admission, instruction, graduation, or placement assistance. It assures that the lack of English language skills will not be a barrier to admission and participation in career and technical education programs.

1. Social Security Card.
2. A high school diploma or any of the following secondary school completion statuses listed
below. The college reserves the right to not accept high school diplomas that are questionable
regarding their validity (i.e., diploma mill).The Institutes do not accept ATB students at this
● The recognized equivalent of a high school diploma, such as a general educational
development (GED) certificate or other state sanctioned test or diploma-equivalency
certificate or an associate’s degree.
● Certification of homeschooling at the secondary level as defined by the State of
Michigan (MCL 380.1561 The child is being educated at the child’s home by his or her parent or legal guardian in an organized educational program in the subject areas of reading, spelling, math, science, history, civics, literature, writing, and English grammar. The parent of the homeschool student issues the diploma .)
○ Recognized equivalents for a high school diploma include:
■ A foreign student must have evidence that their diploma has been verified by an outside agency that is qualified to translate documents into English and confirm the academic equivalence to a U.S. high school diploma.
■ a GED certificate;
■ a certificate or other official completion documentation demonstrating that
the student has passed a state-authorized examination (such as the Test
Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC) the High School Equivalency
Test (HiSET), or, in California, the California High School Proficiency
Exam) that the state recognizes as the equivalent of a high school diploma
(certificates of attendance and/or completion are not included in this
qualifying category);
■ an associate’s degree; or
■ an Official high school transcript showing date of graduation.
3. Proof of identity. Acceptable form of documentation includes:
● state issued Driver’s License;
● state issued Identification Card;
● military issued Identification Card; or
● passport.
4. Proof of name change, if applicable.

Those who desire admission to the Cosmetology Instructor Course must meet all of the above requirements, however, the State of Michigan will not license a person without having a completed secondary school education, a high school diploma or its equivalent as recognized by the state as required for admission. The State of Michigan will also not license a person without them first having their current, valid, Michigan Cosmetology License. While this is not a requirement to have upon admission to the Instructor Course, it should be obtained prior to graduating.

Generally students who are enrolled under a training agreement are still enrolled as a secondary student with a local school district. Students who are enrolled under a training agreement must meet the admissions requirements set forth in the training agreement with the school district as well as with the college with the exception of having completed their secondary education.

For those students not enrolled under a training agreement, the applicant must meet the following admission requirements:
● Meet the state requirements for licensing:
○ complete 9th grade – Acceptable documentation is a high school transcript.
○ be 16 years of age – Acceptable documentation is a Driver’s License, state
issued Identification Card, or Birth Certificate.
● Provide permission in writing from the secondary school in which they are enrolled.
● Successfully complete the Pre-Enrollment Evaluation. The Pre-Enrollment Evaluation
will be conducted during a meeting with the applicant, their parent/guardian and a representative of the college.

Students transferring or re-registering with Cadillac Institute of Cosmetology into any course of study must enroll for a minimum of 600 hours with the exception of those students who are transitioning from being enrolled as a not regularly enrolled student to a regularly enrolled student. Those students are required to provide to the Admissions Department their records from any previous college(s) that verify the accumulated number of clock-hours earned as well as their academic transcript with subjects and grades. Students who choose to test for previous clock-hours earned will be required to pay a testing fee of $50.00 . This testing fee is due prior to the student testing for hours.
Students will have one week (5 business days) to finalize their testing. Students who fail to complete any of the required tests within the time frame will be given a grade of 0. Tests that the student does not receive a grade of 75% or better will result in a deduction of 25 clock-hours from the total accumulated clock-hours requested by the student to transfer/re-register. Clock-hours will not be deducted for tests that the student earns a grade of 75% or better and the grade received in each subject will reflect on their academic transcript as a completed requirement of their program.
The practical portion of the transfer/re-register test will be taken from the PSI Candidate Bulletin practical exam for their chosen program. Students will be credited with a percentage of MPAs completed based on the number of clock-hours transferred versus the total number of hours in their chosen program.
Pending the test results, the student will be placed in the appropriate class. Tuition will be prorated based on the current rate of tuition. Students are required to have the appropriate equipment kit, textbook and/or workbook for their program and pay the $95.00 Registration Fee.

For students who voluntarily or involuntarily withdraw from college, and are seeking re-entry, along with requesting hours from a previous enrollment, the student shall follow the TRANSFER STUDENTS – CREDIT FOR PREVIOUS TRAINING above. Once the student has successfully completed the exams, all work and hours acquired will be credited to the student, for a period not to exceed seven years from the last date of attendance.
If the student has been terminated from the college due to failure to comply with the satisfactory progress and/or academic standing requirements, the college reserves the right to review the file(s) in question prior to the student’s’ re-enrollment in college. The student must show just reason as to why (s)he should be allowed to re-enroll in the program.
The re-enrolling student MUST SUBMIT IN WRITING the reason(s) for their failure to maintain satisfactory progress in attendance and/or academics, as well as their future intentions towards their education. This must be submitted to the Director fourteen (14) days prior to any possible re-entrance into college.
The college’s Director will then review the file(s). An interview between the Director and the student is required. At this time the Director reserves the right to refuse reenrollment to the College. The college will consider any reasonable attempt on the student’s’ part to continue their education.
Should the student re-enter college, the student will return in the same Satisfactory Progress status as the time of their withdrawal.  Students who re-register without taking credit for previous training will be considered for SAP purposes as a new student.  For those students who re-enter college, tuition cost will be prorated according to how many hours the student re-enrolls for.